Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC’s Community Leadership Scholarship
Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC proudly invites all student leaders who will be enrolling in college or post-secondary education to apply for the firm’s Community Leadership Scholarship. We will award a $1,000 scholarship to a deserving applicant who demonstrates the qualities of leadership and is committed to improving our communities.
All applicants must meet the eligibility criteria, submit an application, and write and submit an essay on one of the topics outlined below. The submission deadline is discussed below.
About the Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC Community Leadership Scholarship
Brown Bass & Jeter is a full-service litigation firm owned by black women in Jackson, Mississippi. The partners at Brown Bass & Jeter are trailblazers in their communities who strongly believe rebuilding and empowering our local communities will serve as a catalyst for growth and prosperity for all. With that guided principle, Brown Bass & Jeter is offering two scholarships to college or post-secondary students who share the firm’s mission of community leadership and who demonstrate the potential to make their mark in their own communities.
What We Are Looking for in Applicants
We would like to hear from a diverse group of applicants. We are not concerned if you are a first-year college student or a third-year law student. Instead, we are looking for future leaders that are committed to improving their communities and have displayed this passion through their actions, behaviors, thoughts, extracurricular activities, internships, and/or jobs. If that is you, and you meet the eligibility criteria below, please apply for the Brown Bass & Jeter Community Leadership Scholarship.
Eligibility for the Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC Community Leadership Scholarship
Brown Bass & Jeter is opening this scholarship to any students who will be enrolling in college or post-secondary education the following semester and meet the following criteria:
- 3.0 GPA (applicant must attach an unofficial transcript with their application)
- Write an essay on one of the topics below and submit it with the application.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Brown Bass & Jeter Scholarship.
- Download and complete the application form and submit it and all supporting documentation by the deadline. If you have questions please contact LaToya Jeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write an essay on one of the topics below, limiting your essay to 1,000 words. Please write your topic at the top of your essay. Your essay should be saved as a PDF document and submitted with the scholarship application form.
- Many great leaders are determined and committed to their causes. Write about a cause that you feel passionately about and then explain how you could or have led others to also care about your cause?
- Though accomplished leaders set great examples and work hard to inspire others, they rely on their teams to succeed. Write about a time when you worked together on a team to achieve something great.
Deadline for Submission
Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC awards one Community Leader Scholarships each year. The submission deadline for the upcoming scholarship is February 10, 2023.
Please submit your scholarship application materials to this email address: info [at] bbjlawyers.com.
Terms and Conditions of Brown Bass & Jeter’s Community Leadership Scholarship
College-bound students and/or post-secondary education students who are interested in applying for the Brown Bass & Jeter Community Leadership Scholarship must agree to these terms and conditions:
- Student must meet all requirements set forth in the Rules for Eligibility outlined on the scholarship page
- Student must submit their application and all supporting documents by the submission deadlines on the scholarship page
- Students will not hold Brown Bass & Jeter responsible for missing the application deadline due to technical errors.
Student may only apply one time per year. Previous winners are not eligible to win again. The scholarship can only be used for the person who submitted the winning essay and cannot be transferred to other individuals.
Brown Bass & Jeter will notify the winning participant by emailing them at the email provided in the application. The winning student must show proof of enrollment before receipt of the scholarship. The student must be enrolled in a college or university in the United States of America.
Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC will use information it gathers from the scholarship application process only for the purpose of considering applicants as potential scholarship recipients. The law firm will not sell, share, or distribute applicants’ information to any outside party.
Brown Bass & Jeter PLLC reserves the right to publish the scholarships winner’s name and essay, in any form of media it sees fit, including, but not limited to press releases, social media and websites.