Katrina Brown is a highly sought-after trial attorney, known for her courageous spirit and genuine desire to seek justice. Her ability to connect with the jury is fascinating and her passion for the law is obvious. While Katrina is well versed in many areas of the law, her practice primarily focuses on personal injury, medical malpractice, slip and fall, pharmaceutical and products liability. Katrina takes tremendous pride in representing those most in need of a lawyer to speak for them and demand the justice they deserve. She is a powerful advocate for all of those who seek her counsel and is not afraid to take on the big guys.
Katrina was admitted to the Mississippi bar in 2006, and immediately began her career working as a defense attorney at a prestigious law firm in Jackson, representing insurance companies and medical providers. Although Katrina was very successful as a defense attorney, even ascending the ranks and becoming the first African American partner at the defense firm, she felt she could make the greatest impact on the world by creating Brown Bass & Jeter, PLLC. Katrina now uses her background on the defense side as her secret weapon and uses her vast knowledge of the defense’s motivations and weaknesses to get her clients the high-valued settlements they deserve.
Katrina is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a peer review ratings system. This rating signifies that she has obtained the highest ethical standards and professional ability. She has been consistently recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star.” She is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Mississippi and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Outside of work, Katrina enjoys spending time with her family. She is actively involved in her community and also enjoys traveling and mentoring young ladies.
Admitted to bar
- Mississippi, 2006
- University of Southern Mississippi (B.A., with honors, 2003)
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- University of Mississippi (J.D., Dec. 2005)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Moot Court Board
- Editor, Journal of Space Law
- American Jurisprudence Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution
Professional Memberships and Associations
- The Mississippi Bar
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Parliamentarian, 2015-16
- Award Committee Chair, 2014- 15
- Magnolia Bar Foundation
- President, 2017-present
- Co-Chair of the Girls Law Camp, 2015-16
- Girls Law Camp committee member and speaker, 2011-present
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Co-chair of Diversity Committee 2020-21
- National Bar Association
Honors and Distinction
- Named to Lawyers of Color “First Annual Hot List”, 2013
- Graduate of Leadership Greater Jackson, class of 2013-14
- Named as one of the Top 40 under 40 Outstanding Business Leaders for the MS Business Journal for 2014
- Named a “Leader in Law” by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Named one of Mississippi’s Top Entrepreneur by the Mississippi Business Journal, 2019
- Consistently named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers