Mississippi’s network of interconnected highways sees heavy 18-wheeler and tractor-trailer traffic every day. When a large commercial vehicle is involved in a crash, the results can be devastating to the occupants of not just the tractor-trailer but also the smaller vehicle. Our truck accident attorneys in Jackson are proud to help those who have been injured and their families pursue fair compensation from all liable parties.
When an accident involves a commercial truck, there may be a number of parties that may be responsible. Perhaps the truck driver was distracted, but the truck’s air brakes also failed. The driver and the manufacturer of the faulty air brakes may both be at fault. The air brakes may have failed because the trucking company did not do proper maintenance, so the trucking company may also share responsibility.
Some examples of situations where the trucking company may be liable:
- Negligent Hiring Retention: They hire a driver with a history of alcohol abuse
- Negligent Retention: They keep a driver on staff with a string of moving violations
- Negligent Maintenance: They fail to maintain hydraulic brakes, tires, or other equipment Fatigue – failing to take regulated breaks and driving too many hours per day or week
- Drugs & Alcohol: Taking drugs to sustain energy which interfere with judgment or having even one drink which is illegal for a commercial driver
- Speeding: Violations of posted speed limits or speeding in relation to driving conditions
- Improperly Trained Drivers: Driving a commercial vehicle without being properly trained and licensed
Therefore, it’s important to work with an attorney to avoid all the risks that can arise when you are trying to file a claim against a trucking company, and any other party involved in a trucking accident. Contact the offices of Brown Bass & Jeter, PLLC, attorneys with years of experience helping victims of accidents in Mississippi recover compensation for their losses.
What Damages Might Be Available After a Truck Wreck?
Due to the sheer size and weight of a large semi rig, 18-wheeler or truck, an accident involving one of these vehicles can cause extensive damage to the smaller vehicle, as well as severe passenger injuries to its occupants.
The attorneys of Brown Bass & Jeter will prepare a highly detailed list of current and future expenses, backed up by expert statistics and research that is very difficult for the opposing attorneys to invalidate.
There are many factors to consider when determining what future needs will be there. For those severely injured, there may be expenses not immediately recognized with the accident. For example, an extensive renovation to accommodate a wheelchair may be needed to allow a truck accident victim to remain in his or her home. In addition to the usual loss of income calculation, job retraining may also be needed and we ensure they are included in our initial demand. There are many other situations where additional compensation will be needed and often overlooked by other law firms. That’s why Brown Bass & Jeter is a top-rated law firm of trial lawyers and personal injury attorneys and we use our expert resources to deal with the crash response team of the trucking company and the insurance companies. Our team will ensure that crucial evidence from the crash scene, such as the driver’s log book, is preserved and will identify and interview eye witnesses. We employ well respected accident reconstructionist to reconstruct the crash scene to ensure the blame is not shifted to you.
If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial truck, you may be eligible for the following types of compensation:
- Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Diminished Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
Why Should I Hire a Truck Accident Attorney?
Even when it’s clear who is at fault, truck accident claims can be complicated. At our firm, we understand the complexities of truck accidents and have the negotiating experience and courtroom skill to achieve successful outcomes for our clients. We are committed to helping people who have been seriously injured in truck accidents.
Why Choose Brown, Bass & Jeter PLLC?
- We aggressively go after top results. Our truck accident attorneys stop at nothing to ensure the fair handling of a client’s case. We use aggressive and proven legal strategies to fight for maximum compensation.
- We have years of experience. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers have spent years representing clients in and out of the courts. Combined, our attorneys have over 40 years of experience.
- You don’t pay unless we collect for you. Our attorneys do not charge anything in legal fees for unsuccessful cases. You will only pay our law firm for representation if and when we succeed in obtaining your compensation.
Call Today to Speak with a Truck Accident Lawyer in Jackson
When you are ready to discuss your case with a member of our team, contact our office to schedule a free consultation. We won’t charge any attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Call 601-487-8448 to get started.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Offering Aggressive Representation in Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Civil Rights & Other Cases